Description

A personal blog. I am an: Award-winning writer. Non-profit entrepreneur. Activist. Religious professional. Foodie. Musician. All around curious soul and Renaissance man.


Sunday, September 21, 2008

Doctor: I'm having . . . Contractions!

It bothers me that Blogger's spell check feature considers all my contractions to be errors. Did some kind of rule change where we're not allowed to use them, anymore? I've always loved using them, and couldn't see myself going without them.

It concerns me primarily because the use of contractions seems't've gone down over the years. I wouldn't've guessed it, but it's happened. Pick up some older novels, and you'll spot all sorts of contractions you may never've seen before. I shan't be counted among those who'll've allowed this fine tradition to fall by the wayside!

Perhaps I should be consoled as new slang terms have come along to fill this gap. I'm gonna hafta start usin' these new forms of contractions to cure this fix that I'm havin', and feggeddabout the ones we usta use.

3 comments: