Description

A personal blog. I am an: Award-winning writer. Non-profit entrepreneur. Activist. Religious professional. Foodie. Musician. All around curious soul and Renaissance man.


Thursday, November 8, 2007

World's Easiest Chili

So it all started when I had some leftover ground meat.... already cooked, with onions and garlic, s&p. Didn't know what to do with it.

So I opened up a can of diced tomatoes (the kind with some spices already in it), and put the contents in a pot on the stove. Turned on heat. Opened a can of pinto beans and dumped them in. Opened a can of corn and dumped about half of it in. Dumped my ground beef in. Threw some seasonings in--cumin, chili powder, whatever else. Cut up one of the 1,000,000 jalapeƱos I have left from the garden, dumped it in. (I got worried about not having tomato sauce and emptied out an extremely small amount of spaghetti sauce that I had left, but I wouldn't be surprised if the impact of this was negligible)

2 minutes later, it was done.

Tasted like I had spent hours on it.

Serves with a dollop of sour cream.

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for the deliciosity of this simple chili. I used lots of ground beef from Frank's happily-raised cow. You'll probably want to add tomato sauce if you have it, and I added a cup or two of water to try it a little thinner. I'm going to try it again and make a double recipe but with dried beans (13 different kinds; soak them overnight and dump out the water afterward).

    ReplyDelete