Description

A personal blog. I am an: Award-winning writer. Non-profit entrepreneur. Activist. Religious professional. Foodie. Musician. All around curious soul and Renaissance man.


Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How To Save Money On Food

Concerned about food expenses? Not sure how you're gonna make ends meet? Try this game:

Don't buy any food.


I've done this before on at least two occassions, and found out I had enough food for MONTHS. I would just eat what was in the cupboards. Okay, its a slight exaggeration to say I didn't buy "any" food--I'd still buy milk or an occassional ingredient to finish out a recipe.

It was fun to be creative. Just when I thought I had exhausted all possibilities, an idea came that brought a week's worth of cooking. No matter how bare you think your cupboards are, there is most likely a stash that could keep you eating well for a long time.

Its actually a good exercise even if you're not driven out of necessity, for its good to rotate your stock and keep the items fresh.

1 comment:

  1. I am currently doing this. The cupboards are baring nicely and I do feel it is an advantage to rotate stock as you say. All the frozen food gets eaten and you can start fresh with planning.

    ReplyDelete