Description

A personal blog. I am an: Award-winning writer. Non-profit entrepreneur. Activist. Religious professional. Foodie. Musician. All around curious soul and Renaissance man.


Monday, June 7, 2010

Sausage

It is often said that there are two things you never want to see: How sausage is made and how a bill becomes a law.

To that list I would like to add a third: You never want to see the inner workings of how a church operates.

It is enough to appreciate the end result: Come to Sunday services and join in parish events. But don’t ask how it all got put together. It is not a pretty sight and it is not for the faint of heart.

1 comment:

  1. Dont I know it!! And I know my church is having trouble getting help--I keep getting calls for all sorts of volunteer positions I've been turning down. I feel like such a bad parishioner. But I was on the committee for one event and it wore me out... It went off REALLY well, but still... I am waiting around for the "perfect" opportunity to throw myself in... But I keep getting asked into board positions, which sounds so BORING. I suppose someone ought to do it though, right? Despite how boring it is, it keeps the church going... I just find it easier to volunteer when I'm interested in the activity in which I'm volunteering. Which is why my bike club gets so much of my time... Not that I dont like my church--I love it--I just am not that interested in the inner functioning of it. Even though I know it needs that functioning to sustain itself and the members have to hold it together... But so far all I've done is the fun things, like our small group ministry and a bible study.

    ReplyDelete