Description

A personal blog. I am an: Award-winning writer. Non-profit entrepreneur. Activist. Religious professional. Foodie. Musician. All around curious soul and Renaissance man.


Monday, July 28, 2008

Hawk Update

My dad talked to the folks at the Hiram College Field Station. A woman there (a biology professor?) told him that the hawks are probably Red-Shouldered Hawks. The behavior is indicative of parents teaching their young. My dad said that there are sometimes a few birds flying around, so this could back that up.

It is hard to tell. Wikipedia has it that "It is while establishing territories that the distinctive, screaming kee-aah call (usually repeated 3 to 4 times) of this bird are heard." This is definitely the behavior we are hearing.

I wish I could have gotten some good footage, but all I took was a short movie on my camera. You can't see anything, but the call of the hawks is clear as a bell in there. Maybe I'll post the audio when I get a chance.

This is a follow-up of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment